COVID-19 Advisor Update
April 14, 2020
2020 Advisor Kick-Off
Required Annual Club Forms
Each year there are a number of forms that each club must submit to the Extension Office. These are all listed below.
Due by Enrollment Deadline (April 1):
- Club Activity and Meeting List Required annually
- Club Constitution Required to be submitted annually with the head advisor and president signature
- Club Bylaws If a club has bylaws in addition to the club constitution a copy must be submitted annually
- Book Order Form As club members are required to submit their completed list of projects upon enrollment, book orders should also be placed at the close of the enrollment period
- Club Officer Form
Due at the close of the year (by January 1 of the following year):
As 4-H is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization we have a duty to be transparent with our collection and use of funds. Below are a number of resources to help clubs understand various ways that they can and cannot fundraise in order to support club activities, as well as required annual reporting information.
- Sample SS4 Form If a volunteer is interested in starting a new 4-H club, this form has to be completed and submitted to the IRS in order to get a new EIN number for that club.
- Annual Financial Summary
- Mahoning County 4-H Endowment Funding Request Any organization may request funds from the Mahoning County 4-H Endowment, so long as the funds will be used to support positive youth development in Mahoning County. Endowment requests are typically due in May and reviewed in the following month.
- Fundraising Information for 4-H Clubs
- 4-H Club Information on Raffles and Lotteries
- 4-H Club Information on Establishing Sponsorships and Donors
Club Management Resources
To assist our club advisors and other volunteers with the work of managing clubs, members, and families, we are providing the following resources.
- Chartering Checklist This checklist is required when a club is first established and allows the Extension Educator to make sure that all necessary steps have been taken
- Parent Involvement Overview
- Meetings at a Glance Worksheet This worksheet will help clubs ensure that they are including all components of a club meeting on their agenda
- Maintaining Teen Involvement
- Club Meeting Wheel This chart will help guide advisors as they work with youth club leaders, to ensure that all members are engaged in club meetings, activities, and events
- Club Disbanding In the event that a club becomes inactive, this policy will ensure that the (former) advisor completes all necessary steps to close the club