Join us for social time to talk about the program, enjoy refreshments and fellowship with current volunteers. We’ll share details about our upcoming training and answer questions about joining. Classes start February 1, 2022.
The OSU Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Program provides intensive training in horticulture to interested Ohio residents who then volunteer their time assisting with educational programs and activities in Mahoning County. Volunteers are not required to have gardening skills or knowledge; a passion for learning about gardening and sharing this knowledge with others is a must!
Master Gardener Volunteers provide such educational services to their communities as:
- answering gardening questions from the public
- conducting plant and pest clinics
- gardening activities with children, senior citizens, or disabled persons
- beautifying the community;
- developing community or demonstration gardens
- other horticultural activities
If you are interested in completing an application click HERE