The ServSafe® program provides accurate, up-to-date information for all levels of employees on handling of food, from receiving and storing to preparing and serving. Upon successful completion of the course and exam, participants receive a Certificate of Completion from ServSafe® and a Certification in Food Protection from the Ohio Department of Health.
Who should attend?
- Food Service Managers and Food Handlers at restaurants; convenience stores; grocery stores; school food service workers; and civic groups who prepare food for sale and consumptions.
This course meets the standards as set by the Ohio Department of Health as Level II Certification in Food Protection Manager Certification (Ohio Revised Code 3701-21-25).
Registration must be received no later than three (3) business days prior to the event and payment must be received before the class
Bring your own Number 2 pencils for the exam. All personal items are to be left in your car. You will be required to bring a photo id (driver’s license) of yourself.
Cost: $200 Cash/Check only
Registration includes course instruction, materials and exam.
Upcoming Classes for 2023:
- March 22 & 23, 2023
- June 5 & 6, 2023
- October 23 & 24, 2023
Times: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Lunch on your own
*Must attend entire training to take exam*
- ·Providing Safe Food
- ·The Microworld
- ·Contamination & Food Allergens
- ·The Safe Food Handler
- ·The Flow of Food: An Introduction
- ·The Flow of Food: Purchasing, Receiving and Storage
- ·The Flow of Food: Preparation
- ·The Flow of Food: Service
- ·Food Safety Management Systems
- ·Sanitary Facilities & Equipment
- ·Cleaning and Sanitizing
- ·Integrated Pest Management
- ·Food Safety Regulations & Standards
- ·Employee Food Safety Training
Please print this registration form and include your $200 payment (check/cash). Checks made payable to OSU Extension Mahoning County.
Mail to or stop in person at: OSU Extension Mahoning County 490 S Broad Street Canfield, OH 44406
Should you have questions, please contact Beth Stefura at the Ohio State University Extension Mahoning County office, 330-533-5538 or email her email@example.com.