Do you want to plant your own vegetable and flower garden? Mahoning County OSU Extension has you covered! Mahoning County Extension will be distributing sample seed starter packets at various branches of The Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County on April 12th and 13th while supplies last:
- Wednesday April 12th
- 11am-1pm - Struthers Library - 95 Poland Ave, Struthers, OH 44471
- 2:30-4:30pm - Sebring Library - 195 W Ohio Ave, Sebring , OH 44672
- Thursday, April 13th
- 11am-1pm - Michael Kusalaba Library - 2815 Mahoning Ave, Youngstown , OH 44509
- 1:30 - 3:30pm - Newport Library - 3730 Market St, Youngstown, OH 44507
- 4 - 6pm - Main Branch - 305 Wick Ave, Youngstown, OH 44503
Limit one packet per participant, while supplies last. Each packet contains a combination of carrots, cucumbers, lettuce, or sunflowers and will also have instructions on how to plant and care for your seeds. Learn more about how to start your garden and upcoming garden-related programming in Mahoning County.
Victory Gardens have historical significance in our country, an effort to plant fruits, vegetables, and herbs during challenging times to contribute to the cause. The Ohio Department of Agriculture and OSU Extension are reviving the movement – join in and start planting!
Seed packet distribution is in partnership with the Ohio Department of Agriculture and the Victory Garden – Let’s Grow Ohio initiative. For questions regarding Victory Gardens, check out their website https://u.osu.edu/ohiovictorygardens/. Questions regarding local distribution of seed packets please call the Mahoning County OSU Extension office at 330-533-5538.