4-H Calendar of Events
If you are participating in Mahoning County 4-H below is a list of important enrollment dates, paperwork due dates, judging dates, and much more.
- Click HERE for 2022 4-H Activities and Events Calendar
Canfield Junior Fair Dates for Livestock and Animal Participation
If you are taking market livestock, breeding animal, or fancy animal to the Canfield Fair you will need to check the Junior Fair Calendar for required meetings. These meetings ensure that you are aware of state-mandated health information related to raising animals. If you have questions about the meetings contact your 4-H Advisor or call the Canfield Fair at 330-533-4107.
If you are interested in participating in the Ohio State Fair, you should refer to their website for a list of dates when various projects and classes will show. There are a wide variety of opportunities for youth to participate in, including:
- If you qualify at the county level on June 13, 2022, for a Demonstration, Public Speaking topic, or other activity, you may be eligible to compete at the state level.
- If you qualify at the county level on July 11 or 13, 2022 , with a still (non-livestock) project, you may be eligible to compete at the state level.
- There are a variety of skillathons offered at the Ohio State Fair if you have an interest in or knowledge of various livestock projects.
- You can also take companion animals and livestock to the state fair, as long as you meet the Ohio State Fair requirements.