4-H Calendar of Events
If you are participating in Mahoning County 4-H below is a list of important enrollment dates, paperwork due dates, judging dates, and much more.
- Click HERE for 2020 4-H Activities and Events Calendar (Last Updated 1/15/2020)
Canfield Junior Fair Dates for Livestock and Animal Participation
If you are taking market livestock, breeding animal, or fancy animal to the Canfield Fair you'll also need to review this 2-page list of dates for required meetings. These meetings ensure that you are aware of state-mandated health information related to raising animals. The calendar is listed by date and by species. If you have questions about the meetings contact your 4-H Advisor or call the Canfield Fair at 330-533-4107.
If you are interested in participating in the Ohio State Fair, you should refer to their website for a list of dates when various projects and classes will show. There are a wide variety of opportunities for youth to participate in, including:
- If you qualify at the county level on June 22, 2020, for a Demonstration, Public Speaking topic, or other activity, you may be eligible to compete at the state level.
- If you qualify at the county level on July 13, 2020, with a still (non-livestock) project, you may be eligible to compete at the state level.
- There are a variety of skillathon, judging, and other activities if you have an interest in or knowledge of various livestock projects.
- You can also take companion animals and livestock to the state fair, as long as you meet the Ohio State Fair requirements.