When: Monday, February 21, 2022
Time: Call the Extension Office at 330-533-5538 to schedule your testing time. We will schedule 6 youth at each half hour. This year the test-out will be given at the Canfield Fairgrounds in the Colonial Inn. Please wear a wask when you come to the test.
Times available are:
We can schedule 8 youth in each time slot.
Quality Assurance Test Out Guidelines
- Youth ages 12-14 who pass the test can test out of their annual QA program for up to 3 years. Passing of this test only exempts attendance at QA until the member reaches a 4-H age of 15. At that time, they would take the 15-18 year old test.
- Youth ages 15-18 years of age who pass the QA test can test out of their annual QA program permanently.
- All ages are based on a member's 4-H age (the age that they are as of January 1 of the current year).
- The Canfield Fairboard has a policy stating that youth must attend the Canfield Fairboard’s Quality Assurance program for at least 3 years before they can test out. Even if you take the test and pass, the Fairboard will double check your eligibility and ultimately decide if your test-out counts.
Examples of how this exemption may apply:
- A 15-year old who is new to Mahoning County is not eligible to take the QA test.
- A 12-year old who is new to Mahoning County must wait until they are 15 years old to take the QA test.
What will be on the Quality Assurance Test?
This year the test will primarily be over the Good Production Practices 7, 8, and 9 but other Good Production Practices will be included. We are no longer able to have the review session before the test, so we recommend that members study their 4-H Project Resource Book, focusing on the Quality Assurance section of the book.
You can also use the following references to study:
- Introduction to Quality Assurance
- Good Production Practice 1
- Good Production Practice 2
- Good Production Practice 3
- Good Production Practice 4
- Good Production Practice 5
- Good Production Practice 6
- Good Production Practice 7
- Good Production Practice 8
- Good Production Practice 9
- Good Production Practice 10