Instructions for Soil Testing during COVID-19
1. Place one cup of dry soil in a bag
- Label the bag with your name
- Label the use of the soils (lawn, vegetable, garden, etc.)
2. Place the bag of soil in the labeled crate at the back door of the Mahoning County Extension Office
3. Slide an envelope containing the following items between the back doors into the building
- Name and contact information
- Check or Exact Cash (Checks made to OSU Extension, Cost is $20)
- completed Submission Form
If you have any questions please contact our office at 330-533-5538.
Soil testing is important and is a great tool to keep your lawns, gardens, and fields healthy!
Visit the links below or come to the Mahoning County Extension Office to get the information you need to get started.
Soil testing is an excellent measure of soil fertility, which allows you to make educated decisions while maintaining good plant health and maximum crop productivity.
Helpful tips for collecting your soil samples
- Bring one cup of Dry Soil in a brown bag or ziplock bag.
- The cost is $20 per sample.
- The whole process takes approximately 2 weeks, and once the test is completed we will receive your results.